As you know, a stuck iPhone or iPad Home button can render your phone useless because that’s the backbone of your iPhone. Is your Home Button stuck, again? You must be wondering what to do for without it you cannot navigate through your iPhone’s interface. Just follow these simple steps to restore the damaged or unresponsive Home button functionality of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Steps To Temporarily Activate iPhone Home Button:
- Launch Settings on your iOS device
- If can’t access the Home screen because of your stuck Home button, you can turn off the phone’s power and then turn it on again.
- Once you’re back to your Home screen, tap General
- Under the Menu, find the Accessibility option
- Scroll down and select Assistive Touch
- Toggle the slider to switch Assistive Touch on
- This will create a new Home button that will appear on your screen
- You can position your alternate Home button on any part of the screen
- When you press the alternate Home button, four options will appear. With the help of these, you can access Siri, Favorites, Device settings, or press Home to mimic the Home button and return to your Home screen
Steps to Recalibrate An Unresponsive iPhone Home Button:
Few months ago we explained how recalibration can fix Home button problems, almost forever. If you haven’t done that yet, it’s time to do so by following the steps outlined below:
- Launch any one of your default apps that comes with your iOS device
- Default apps include Calculator, Calendar, Weather, etc.
- This method resets a Home button that is slow to respond, or one that’s completely unresponsive and requires multiple presses to register
- Now hold the Power button and wait for a few seconds till Slide to Power Off option appears
- Release the power button
- Once this is done, press on hold the Home button. After a few seconds, the Slide to Power Off option will disappear and the app will be force-closed
- This step calibrates the Home button and in most of the cases, restores its responsiveness
So, that’s how you can restore your iPhone’s Home button and bring it back to life.