Here is why you would want to change the country or location of your Apple account:
- During the setup of your iPhone or iPad, Apple wants to know your name, country, language. You may have unintentionally shared the wrong country name.
- While trying to download or purchase apps from the App Store, you receive a message saying that the app is unavailable in your region or it is available only in countries like UK and US.
There may be several other reasons, but the process to change the country/region is always the same. It doesn’t matter which version of iOS you are using, but for this tutorial we will use iOS 8 and iPhone device.
Changing App Store’s Country Location
Note: Please note that you may be asked to enter your Apple account’s password during the process.
The settings to change country can be found by following these steps:
- From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch – go to Settings
- Scroll and tap on “iTunes & App Store”
- Tap on Apple ID -> View Apple ID
- Tap on “Country/Region”
You can use this option even if you are not sure of the current country you have chosen during the device setup. The next process shows you how to change the country/region using your iPhone or iPad:
- Tap on “Change Country or Region”
- Select your country from the list
- Hit Next to go to the Terms & Conditions page
- Tap Agree to go to the next page
- Enter payment information (optional)
Tap Next and you will get a final Congratulations page with a message saying that “Your Apple ID is now ready to use with the iTunes Store. You can now shop for your favorite music, movies, TV shows, and more.”
The “Start Shopping” (as shown in the image below) points to the App Store app.
You will also find sections like “iTunes gift cards and iTunes gifts” wherein you can redeem a code. There is the billing address that displays your full name, address, phone number (which can be edited) along with the country/region at the bottom. We have selected United States (USA) as the default country.