iOS 8’s Notification Center is one versatile widget that lets to do a lot with it. The Notification Center widgets enable you interact with features and settings without launching an app. There are several third party apps that let you enjoy a host of functionalities through the native pull-down Notification Center.
Would you believe if we told that you can play music directly from there? Well, there’s actually a way of doing that right from the Notification Center of your iPhone. Just follow these simple steps listed below.
Steps For Using Notification Center To Play Music on You iPhone:
- Download the Music Center from AppStore
- Music Center is an interesting widget that places all of the music in your iCloud account and device storage right in your Notification Center. It lets you easily view and play songs directly from here without launching the Music app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Once you have installed the app, go into the app to configure its settings according to your choice
- Note: Some of the settings require an in-app purchase of $0.99. Some of the features are:
- Remember Scroll Position: This remembers where you’ve scrolled to when you enter and exit the Notification Center (it’s a paid feature)
- Full Page Scroll: This scrolls an entire page in one go
- Tiles Style Browsing: This feature lets you view music as tiles and not as list (it’s a paid feature)
- Playback Controls: This feature adds
- Select which type of view you want in the widget at the bottom Music Center: Songs, Albums, Artists, or Playlists
- Once you’re done with the above steps, pull down your Notification Center and go to the Today view
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit and add the Music Center widget there
- Now tap on the arrows at the top and the bottom of the widget to scroll through the list
- You can now directly play a song, artist, or album by tapping on it
- Use the playback controls at the bottom of the widget to toggle shuffle and repeat
- You can also pause, skip forward, and skip back through tracks from here
That’s it. You can now browse through and play all of your favorite music while you’re busy doing anything else on your iPhone without having the need to leave the app you’re in.