Nothing beats having a well organised playlist on your iOS 8 device. Whether you are working out or chilling out with friends or having a relaxed evening by yourself, you definitely cannot do without music.
When you’re in that mood, you really won’t feel like changing the track every now and then. The Music app on your iPhone or iPad gives you the freedom to create playlists that meet your ever-changing moods.
Not only this, you can also have as many playlists as you want. Here’s what you have to do to create playlists on your iOS device running iOS 8 or higher firmware.
Steps To Make Your Own Music Playlist in iPhone / iPad:
- Launch the Music app and tap on Playlist that appears at the bottom of the
- Select the option for New Playlist (it appears towards the top)
- Give name to your playlist and click save
- It will appear under your list of playlists so that you can easily choose from them
- Browse through your songs and select the ones that you would want to add to your playlist
- Tap the ‘+’ icon next to each song to add it to your playlist
- This is the initial playlist that’s created. You can see a cloud icon next to each song. This shows that the songs have been purchased and are in your iTunes account. Tap the cloud icons to download the songs.
- For changing the order of the songs, tap Edit and then select the three-line icon to the right of each song to move them up and down the list. Now you can re-order the chronology of your playlist.
- Remove tracks from a playlist by tapping Edit
- Once you tap Edit, a red circle will appear to the left of each of the songs
- When you click on that icon, Remove will appear to the right of that particular track and clicking on it will let you delete that track from the playlist
If you’re all lazy bones and not feeling like to create a new playlist, you can opt for a Genius Playlist. Here’s what you should do to create a Genius Playlist.
Steps To Create Genius Playlist in iOS:
- Genius lets you select one song and on the basis of that chosen song, it pulls together a collection of similar songs to create a Genius Playlist
- Tap a song that you want to listen to
- It will automatically prepare a playlist based on that song
- Your Genius Playlist will appear under the Playlists tab
- You can tap on it to see the songs that Music has selected for you and can save it as a playlist or refresh it if you want to change it
So, get started with creating your playlist and hit that play button to start rocking it!