There’s no doubt that the iPhone 5s is a great phone; but there cannot be anything worse for the battery of your iPhone 5s that’s running on iOS 8.1.2. Concerns regarding iPhone 5s battery life have been a much discussed topic. iOS 8.1.2 battery drain has also been a point of discussion everywhere.
Wondering if you can improve the battery life of your beloved device? Yes, you can. Just follow the below steps to avoid charging your phone every 3-4 hours.
Solution 1 For Improving iPhone’s Battery (for a bug or corruption of your OS install):
- You need to restore the phone to factory settings
- Wipe up all data on your phone
- Set it up again without restoring from a backup
- This will eliminate that bug or corruption of your OS install and improve the battery life
Note: Create back up all your contacts to iCloud or Gmail, save your photos, notes, music etc. If you don’t do this, you will lose everything that you had on your device. Gamers, you will lose any progress in the games you’ve played.
Solution 2 For Improving iPhone’s Battery (general precautions to improve performance):
- Minimise screen brightness (excessive brightness can kill your battery)
- Turn off cellular data when you’re in a Wi-Fi zone
- Keep location services (it’s a huge drainer) on only for relevant apps (you can try switching it off when you’re not travelling)
- Clear notifications every now and then
- Clear apps that are running in the background
- Turn off push notifications for apps that you don’t check frequently
Note: These precautions should considerably improve your battery life. If problem persists, we suggest you visit your nearest Apple Store for a thorough diagnosis.