If you have downloaded any iOS apps that you don’t want anyone else to see on your Apple devices, then it is time to hide them.
What You Need
All you need is a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch device running iOS 8 or higher firmware. You will be hiding apps using these two simple methods:
Method 1: Hiding apps in the dock
Method 2: Hiding apps from the App Store
Steps To Follow
Method 1: How to Hide iOS Apps In The Dock
Summary: As Lifehacker explains, you will have to drag the app into a folder (don’t “put” it yet) and then drag it down near the dock. This will force the iOS app to vanish from your iOS device.
- Make sure the first page of your homescreen is filled with apps (default or third-party, doesn’t matter)
- Tap on the app you want to hide – when you do, all the apps will start wiggling
- Drag the app to the homescreen
- Put it in a folder (just hold it)
- Drag back the app from the folder and put it in the dock
Your iOS app will disappear instantly. Here is the video tutorial:
Tip: If you are going to hide the app anyway, then turn OFF the notifications by going to Settings -> Notifications, then selecting your iOS app. Example: Hiding Tips App Permanently.
Method 2: How to Hide iOS Apps From The App Store
Summary: In the iOS 8 App Store, you have a new option to “hide” the app you have downloaded or purchased.
Note that the iOS app will still be visible in the homescreen. However, if you don’t want anyone else to see the kind of apps you have purchased or downloaded from the App Store, then this trick works the best.
- Launch the App Store from your iOS 8 device
- Tap Updates -> Purchased
- Select My Purchases
- Swipe the app to the right to get the “Hide” option
Remember: My Purchases contains all the apps, including paid and free ones you have downloaded from your Apple account.
The red colored “Hide” button only appears when you have Family Sharing ON. You can always unhide the app to list it back in your App Store. To enable Family Sharing, go to Settings -> iCloud -> Family Sharing.