iOS 8 Beta 4 Features & Problems
Last updated: August 28, 2014 at 18:08 pm
Here are the list of useful features added in iOS 8 Beta 4. Along with that, you will also see another list of common problems Apple users face on their iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch while running this beta firmware.
Let’s get going? Good!
iOS 8 Features: What’s new in iOS 8 Beta 4?
Features of iOS 8 Beta 4 Software
- App Store loads faster, compared to previous iOS 8 Beta 3 version.
- Bug Reporter app is removed.
- New Control Center Design. It looks much more clean than before.
- Google Play Music works just fine. In previous updates, it failed to play any music.
- New emoji keyboard icon.
For more features, look at our iOS 8 features page.
iOS 8 Beta 4 Problems
Problems & Bugs With iOS 8.0 Beta 4 Firmware
- Whatsapp crashes. Still no permanent fix.
- Consumes battery life quickly. Listening to music and playing games for a while drains battery faster than any of the iOS firmware we have used before.
- Sometimes calls are automatically forwarded to voice mail. In that case, you have to reset the settings again.
- Major lag after entering the passcode.
- Twitter and Instagram doesn’t load. It takes forever to load the content.
- Issues with the Quick Reply option in the keyboard. The bottom keys doesn’t work.
- Safari browser refuses to open and crashes.
- No notifications on the lock screen.
- Weather information freezes unexpectedly. You have to reboot the device again, which can be annoying.
- Siri is unable to identify the apps you have on your device. Also, Siri sometimes doesn’t launch at all.
- Some users have repeatedly stated that all the contacts and email accounts are deleted after the upgrade.
- Facebook app crashes as you try opening it.
- Auto-correct feature isn’t working anymore.
- Apps like Soundcloud are broken – they crash on launch and freezes, then disappears.
- As mentioned earlier, this iOS 8 Beta 4 firmware drains your battery life quickly. So you may want to turn “Bold Text” off from the settings. This seem to work well.
- Cellular Data fails to work for some users. To solve this problem, you have to reboot the device or do a clean install of iOS 8 Beta 4.
Note that there are many more issues, but we can only list the potential ones. Similarly, we have listed only the most important features of iOS 8.0 Beta 4 version.
What next? You can download iOS 8 Beta 4 through the instructions supplied on our iOS 8 Beta Download page, or read these common iOS 8 problems.
iOS 8 Beta 4 is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. See the “iOS 8 compatibility” list for more.
More features of iOS 8 Beta: Beta 1 | Beta 2 | Beta 3 | Beta 4 | Beta 5