iOS 8 Beta 1 Features & Problems
Last updated: August 28, 2014 at 17:48 pm
When Apple released iOS 8 Beta 1 for download, the whole Internet was waiting to read reviews and try out the new iOS on their iPhones, iPads, and iPods. In this article, we share with you the “significant” consequences that users face after downloading this firmware.
We divide this section into two parts: In first part we talk about the core features and in second, the nagging problems that comes with this iOS 8 Beta 1 firmware.
iOS 8 Features: What’s new in iOS 8 Beta 1?
Features of iOS 8 Beta 1 Software
iOS 8 Beta 1 firmware is Apple’s first operating system released this year. Available to developers of Apple’s Dev program, the new iOS beta has all the features that are mentioned in our iOS 8 features page.
It’s fresh, and exciting in many ways!
There’s a new iCloud Drive and Photos app, then we have HealthKit, a new Spotlight and Continuity feature. iOS 8 truly brings new features that you love. They are simple, but powerful. However, as it is in beta, it comes with a fair share of problems as discussed below.
iOS 8 Beta 1 Problems
Problems & Bugs With iOS 8.0 Beta 1 Firmware
- When you click on a photo thumbnail in the camera app, you will be directed to the wrong photo.
- Performance is inferior in comparison to the stable iOS 7 firmware.
- Spotlight is slow and sometimes freezes.
- Audio problem – play a video and you will see the sound stops unexpectedly.
- The device can get hot.
- Fingerprint sensor on iPhone 5s stops working after installing iOS 8 Beta 1.
- In 3D view, you will notice that the image overlay is not appearing in the Maps app.
- Bluetooth pairing fails with Yosemite on our MacBook Pro.
- Selection of Blood Type in the Health App is sometimes impossible.
- On iPhone 5s running iOS 8 Beta 1, the springboard keeps crashing frequently.
- Siri is broken. You cannot have a conversation with Siri anymore. You get this error message: “I’m really sorry about this, but I can’t take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while.”
- Calendar invitation app is slow.
- Whatsapp is broken. You cannot open group conversation without the app crashing.
- Google Chrome browser doesn’t work.
- Change a song and you will find that the Music app crashes. This is a big reason that forced many users to move from iOS 8 to older iOS firmware.
- App Store automatically uses your location. The only solution to this is to turn OFF location for everything.
- Home button, when pressed, doesn’t return to the app. Instead, it gets stuck.
- If you are using Rdio app, you will realize it doesn’t work on this beta firmware.
- You cannot watch videos using the Facebook app.
- Huge battery consumption. You will notice the stats under the Usage option in Settings.
What next? Go to our iOS 8 Beta Download page to get iOS 8.0 Beta 1 version. Or read these common iOS 8 problems.
iOS 8 Beta 1 is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. See the “iOS 8 compatibility” list for more information.
More features of iOS 8 Beta: Beta 1 | Beta 2 | Beta 3 | Beta 4 | Beta 5