There are different ways of customising notifications on your iOS device. The Notification Center on iPhone or any other iOS device gives you the freedom to set Alert or Banner style notifications for apps. While Alerts require an action before proceeding, Banners appears at the top of the screen (on your iPhone or iPad) and go away eventually.
Banners are in a way more user friendly because they don’t interrupt you while you are busy with some other app. Yet at the same time, they let you have a quick glance at the banner for you to decide if it needs an immediate action.
While most of the times, banner notifications are useful and seamless, at times they can hinder your flow of work or activity. Suppose you are doing something on an app and suddenly you need to tap the top of your iPhone screen in that app and right at that very moment, a banner notification pops up blocking the particular spot you were about to tap.
Even though the notification stays for about 5 seconds, those few seconds seem unending. Right? Thankfully, there’s a quick and easy way to dismiss such notifications. There have been lots of discussions on how to swipe away such notifications. Here’s what you exactly need to do.
Steps To Swipe Away Banner Notifications The Right Way:
- First of all turn on banner notification for an app by visiting Notification Center
- Go to any particular app of your choice (Mail, WhatsApp etc.) and choose the Alert Style as Banners
- Now whenever you get a Banner notification from that app, place your finger on the banner and swipe it up
- When you do this gesture, it flicks the banner alert away from your iPhone
- Thus the top of your iPhone screen won’t remain covered anymore
- Remember not to tap the banner while swiping it up; this will make you select the banner notification
- Just flick it off so that it gets out of the top panel of your iPhone screen
Get used to this quick little flick at the top of your iPhone screen as it will keep you from getting aggravated and will not hinder your flow of work.
Steps To Permanently Disable Push Notifications in iOS 8:
- Go to Settings from your iOS device
- Tap on Notifications
- Turn it OFF
This will disable all kinds of notifications – say you get annoying Gmail or Facebook notifications — forever on your iPhones and iPads.