Ads are annoying. Period. Imagine you’re engrossed in a video or game on your iPhone / iPad and suddenly, out of nowhere, a big banner ad pops up! Can there be anything more irritating than that?
Don’t worry, there’s actually a way of blocking and deleting unwanted ads (even those in apps, videos or music stream). The best part is that you won’t even have to install an app or jailbreak your iOS device for that.
Did we just titillate the curious soul in you? Go ahead and follow the below steps to remove such distractions.
Steps To Permanently Remove Advertisement From iPhone / iPad:
- Launch Settings on your iOS device
- Now click Wi-Fi and then click on ‘i’ like icon next to your Wi-Fi connection
- Go to the very bottom of the screen, under the HTTP Proxy sub menu, switch to Auto mode
- In the form input, enter exactly the following URL: http://ipad.speedmeup.net
- This is URL for SpeedMeUp which is a simple way to speed up your iPad or iPhone by blocking and deleting unwanted ads. It’s the ideal choice for a better web navigation and helps you enjoy fast and ad-free browsing.
- After this you should test that everything is running smoothly
- For this, go to the diagnostic page of SpeedMeUp and test if its configuration is working
- If you have set up everything properly, you will read a message that says so. Else you will see a message saying ‘Sorry, your iPad is not running with SpeedMeUp.
Maybe you could check the setup instructions and verify if something is missing!’
- In such case, check that you have not misspelled the URL of SpeedMeUp
That’s it. You have successfully discarded all unwanted ads from your iOS device (or should we say, from your life).